Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Trans Fat and Heart Disease

What are these people lining up for?


Donuts!




This is the JCO donuts shop at the new Pavillion shopping center in Kuala Lumpur. I guess this is not a Krispy Kreme in disguise but it sure looks like it. The donuts look exactly like Krispy Kreme donuts.

Denying myself a Krispy Kreme used to take a lot of discipline. If you've ever had a Krispy Kreme then you probably know exactly what I mean.

It feels good to turn my back on this stuff. Here's the thing. They may taste orgasmically good but they are categorically not good for you. There is very little, if any, nutritional value in these donuts. It is all processed stuff...white flour, sugar and unhealthy fats. Is it any wonder obesity is on the rise in America? And shame on America for exporting its obesity. Malaysians are getting fat and fatter eating American junk food. Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds and this Krispy Kreme look-alike.

I haven't had a Krispy Kreme since I read an article in the Tucson Weekly (2005) that completely grossed me out about the dangers of this particular junk. More recently I've learned the truth about cholesterol and the role of trans fat as a major contributor to heart disease. Trans fats are plastic and Krispy Kreme donuts are reportedly made with trans fats.

If you are concerned about clogging your arteries make the smart choice: don't eat JCO or Krispy Kreme donuts ever again! Avoid eating anything that contains or is cooked in trans fat.

Learn more about the negative health effects of trans fat.

No comments: